SainaG

Peer Review for Pod 10

Essential Nutrients
Home

I am interested in your topic of study, and I think that essential nutrients exist in our lives but are often neglected. I agree with you that a nutritionally balanced diet plays an important role in people’s daily life. In the beginning of the overview, I think your introduction is clear and detailed. You not only explained the importance of essential nutrients, but also briefly introduced the basic modules of the entire lesson.
In Rationale of Learning Theory, your group designed is based on constructivism, it seems to me that it is consistent with the following class activities. I agree that this learning theory of building new knowledge from experience is of great help to learners. Through personal experience, sharing and discussing with peers, they are more able to recognize their own disadvantages and learn efficiently.
I have noticed that your group has done a great job of inclusive learning design. First of all, the videos you have chosen include a lot of easy-to-understand animations, and the test is subtitled, making it easier for those ELL students to understand the content. Then, in each module, I found you posted pictures, especially module 2, has picture for each nutrient. Lots of pictures offer help to ELL students and people with hearing difficulties.
I saw that your group was giving an open question in Module 1 in conjunction with COVID-19 that “From the perspective of nutrients, what do you think people should eat and avoid during Coronavirus outbreak?” I believe it is a great idea to connect your topic with current events, but I think it is just a small part of your topic. If I did not miss something, I just saw this one question about diet during Covid-19. Perhaps you might consider adding some questions or interactions about the three main parts of the nutrient.
Overall, thanks for sharing your learning design, I think you are doing a great job. Your webpage is so clear and detailed that learners can easily find each module and class activities. Look forward to seeing your final project.